The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Midsummer Flowers and Herbs

July 17.

No tasks or chores today, just a little time to enjoy my flowers and herbs!

After clearing weeds and dead-heading flowers.


Pincushion flower.


Threadleaf coreopsis.


Variegated beard tongue -- purple above and pink below.



Heliopsis -- false sunflower.



Hosta blooms.

Woodland hydrangea (lace-cap variety; doesn't flower in balls).

Here are the herbs in my front yard garden.

French sorrel -- wonderful in salads or paired with fish.

French sorrel leaf.

English thyme.


That's it!  More pictures, fewer words today.  :)



Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)