The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Monday, July 2, 2012

Way Beyond Grilled Cheese

Pinterest is a dangerous place.  Once you go there, you get sucked in.  It's so easy to spend hours scrolling through everyone's pins, drooling over yummy-looking food photos or daydreaming about home decor ideas posted by all your friends or...  Back to reality, lady!  (I was talking to myself there, sorry!)

A photo of a really interesting sandwich came across my Pinterest homepage (visit my Pinterest boards if you like!), and I thought I'd try my own version.  Since grilled cheese goes well with tomato soup, I thought I'd make some of that, too.  I'll have to post that recipe later.  For now, let's focus on this awesomely amazing grilled cheese sandwich.  First a photo.  Then the how-to.


Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Y'know, I realized just now that you probably already know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich.  So I won't bore you with the details of an actual recipe.  Besides, I don't have a recipe.  So I'll just tell you what I did.

First, I made some guacamole.  Then I fried up some bacon--yummy uncured bacon straight from Nature's Choice Farm.  Next, I sliced a bunch of cheddar cheese and buttered some slices of bread.

Once my griddle was heated, I placed a slice of bread on the griddle (buttered side out), slathered it with guacamole, laid two strips of bacon on the guac, then topped it all with a few thick slices of cheese.  I set the top slice of bread on top and carefully pressed down.  You know the rest--brown on one side, flip, brown on the other, and remove to a plate.  Et voilá!  An awesome sandwich with a side of homemade tomato soup and tortilla chips.


We don't eat sandwiches like this very often.  But, oh my--they're amazing!

Simple dinner for two in the dining room!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

1 comment:

  1. Food looks beautiful on photo! That is one of the nicest and easy dinner ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)