The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tea Talk--The Riches of God


Welcome to my home!
Sit and have a cup of tea with me and share a little time of relaxation and encouragement.
To join, click on Ruth's button above!

I'm having...a cup of organic Jasmine silver needle, loose tea given to me by my heart-sister Lori.  A perfect perk-me-up tea to give me energy for the rest of the day!  My tea steeper, from ingenuiTea, makes two cups of tea.  Once the tea is brewed, I place it over my cup.  As it presses down on the rim, it filters a stream of tea into my cup.  It's the neatest thing!


I'm feeling...safe in His arms, for He is rich in mercy.

On my mind...I'm always making mental to-do lists.  I have to go to the post office and the library today.  Praise the Lord that they are across the street from each other!

I leave you with...portions of verses in Ephesians that I studied this morning with my heart-sister Dee.

But God, being rich in mercy...
Ephesians 2:4a nasb

...the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us...
Ephesians 2:7 (middle) nasb

...(but you are rich)...
Revelation 2:9 (middle) nasb

In these passages, the Greek word for rich is plousios; its derivative had the connotation of "flowing, abounding."  God is rich, and has untold riches, but they're not just sitting there.  They are constantly flowing, being transferred to and poured out upon His people.  And those riches are not drained--they are a never-ending source and a constant supply.  I'm not talking about money here!  These are His riches:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who has blessed us with
every spiritual blessing
in the heavenly places in Christ...
Ephesians 1:3 nasb (emphasis mine)

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
captured by Christine Anne

3 comments:

  1. I say a big AMEN to the verses you shared. How comforting it is to be reminded of God's constant flow of provision and blessings. With all the pressing needs we have at our Charity Foundation, and the college fund for my son, I will hold tight to these promise to keep my heart from worries.

    What a blessing it is to feel safe, isn't it? And it's just just based on feelings but on TRUTH.

    I hope you enjoy the rest of the week Christine. I'm glad to share tea with you this week.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting word origin you shared. I'm glad to learn that today. There's nothing like feeling safe in His arms, is there? I haven't had jasmine tea in forever. Maybe I should try some again one of these days. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post! Your tea sounds lovely, too :) I love drinking loose leaf tea and have several favorites.

    I've enjoyed my tea time with you today <><

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)