The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, December 5, 2014

Pico de Gallo

November 4.

The tomatoes I had picked a few weeks ago were all ripening, and Joseph was happily incorporating them into his lunches every day.  There was a mountain of them, though, and I knew I had to do something with them as they slowly started getting really ripe.  Time for pico de gallo, which is basically a fresh salsa.


Amazingly (according to my friends), I don't use a recipe for this.  Many people also drain off the liquid from the salsa, but I leave it in.  You pretty much can drink the remaining bit of salsa down when you get to the bottom of the bowl.  Yum!

I also have a pretty new pottery bowl to put my pico de gallo in--I purchased this hand-made bowl at our local farmers market this past summer.


I love all things blue!  But you probably figured that out already.


Pico de Gallo

tomatoes
onion
green pepper (optional, your taste!)
jalapenos
cilantro
garlic
white vinegar
salt

Chop the tomatoes, onion, green pepper, jalapenos, and garlic as coarsely/finely as you wish.  Chop the cilantro and add it in,  Pour in a splash of white vinegar, and salt to taste.

I really can't give you ingredient amounts, but they are listed in order of amount.  If you have, say, four or five tomatoes, use 1/4 of an onion, one small green pepper, one jalapeno (or whatever, depending on your affinity for heat!).  Then go from there--half a bunch of cilantro, a splash of white vinegar, maybe 1/2 teaspoon of salt (better start with 1/4).  Just keep tasting/testing along the way.  That's how I do it!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)