The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Monday, December 8, 2014

A Week of Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving week.

A few days before Thanksgiving, this scene greeted me at our front door:

November 24.

It looks like it's a few days before Christmas!!  Fernando had a job and was gone just before Thanksgiving, and it worked out that he was able to drive the SAT truck home, and leave the Suburban at PSSI home base (Deerfield).  I waited up for him, and around midnight I heard a very distinct diesel engine on a very distinct vehicle as Fernando pulled into our driveway.

'Twas the night before Thanksgiving...

This Thanksgiving was extra special, since I was hosting the holiday for the very first time.  I had made a turkey once in my life, a few years back when we had the M. family over for a holiday season meal together.  That turkey took longer than expected, and this turkey did as well.  But it was worth the wait.  And it was okay, too, since Jacob had to work until 2:00pm and came home to the wonderful aroma of Thanksgiving food on the table.



My brother Jeff snagged my camera and took a shot of me opening the wine.  That's sort of a goofy face.  Really.  :)



Finally, dinner was ready and we crammed into the dining room, sans Matt and Char (who were with Char's relatives for the day), for our traditional family photo at the table.  It's a one-shot deal--take the picture, double-check it, put the camera away, and start the feast!


Thank You, Lord, that we're still in Illinois, that we didn't have to leave our sons behind, that work came to us.  Thank You for PSSI, for them wanting Fernando to work here.  Bless their company, and may Your gospel shine on Rick's heart as he trains Fernando, even though Rick is a very difficult person.

Thank You for our lovely home, the perfect size, the one we knew You chose for us, where our boys have grown up, where so many goofy and fun memories were made.  We continue to trust You for providing the ability for us to continue to live here.  Work, in Your timing, through the employees of Wells Fargo, as they consider our mortgage modification request so that we may be able to stay here.

Thank You for everything, for everything has come from You.  You are so good to us; no matter what You've allowed into our lives, it is for our good, and for Your glory.  Thank You.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)