The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Mid-May Garden, Part Two

Just a few days after Jacob weed-whacked my veggie garden walkways, I was back out working again.  I had purchased some organic herbs at Meijer--just happened to walk by them in the produce section--and figured they'd be a great start to my garden.  I also figured that if I never planted anything--and it looked like that may happen this year--I'd at least have some fresh herbs to go with our meals.  And if they happened to do well, I'd be able to freeze or dry them for winter use. 

Parsley and rosemary.

Below, it appeared my strawberry plants survived the winter.  We had removed the straw protecting them from winter's cold, and they seemed to be happy growing in their corner.


Finally, after planting five little herb plants, here's what my garden looked like:


Strawberries, rhubarb, garlic, parsley, and rosemary.  There's a Part Three to this story, though.  Stay tuned.  :)


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

1 comment:

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)