The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tea Talk -- Till Your Land!


Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.



I'm having...a cup of Trader Joe's sipping chocolate in my Gibson white china cup.


I'm feeling...speechless.  (I know--huh?)  For those who have spoken to me in the last five days, you know that I have laryngitis.  I'm just starting to get my voice back again, so it's scratchy, low, and husky.  (My husband keeps asking me to say something in French.  *wink*)  I feel fine otherwise, except for a little scratch in my throat every now and then, and I get tired in the afternoons.  Not too bad for a cold, I guess!

On my mind...hmm.  I just finished editing images from a photo shoot several days ago.  I've gotten a lot of little things done lately, and today seems like a day to check off more items from my list.  Thursdays are my stay-home days, when I don't have to go anywhere, take anyone anywhere, or step out of the house.  And that's a very nice thing as the weather turns colder.  I do have to run out this afternoon--non-driving boys have dentist appointments--but I'm hoping to just plug away at my to-do list and get things done!

I leave you with...a Proverb I read yesterday that impacted me:

He who tills his land will have plenty of food,
But he who follows empty pursuits will have poverty in plenty.
Proverbs 28:19 NASB

After having canned much of my garden produce throughout autumn, this verse is especially meaningful to me.  No wonder I feel satisfied about having stocked my shelves for my family's benefit!  But more deeply than that, I think this verse is talking about being diligent about the work that the Lord has given me.  It's so easy to become distracted with computer games, reading (pleasure) books, Facebook, and even blogging (!), that I neglect the area over which the Lord has given me jurisdiction--my home.  Maybe this is a not-so-light post for Tea Talk today, but I hope that these words encourage you--as I am encouraged--to be about the Lord's work today!

Sunset on Lake Bonaparte


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

4 comments:

  1. Oh, so much encouragement, gentle admonishments, and reminders in your post for me today. Thank you, sweet sister in Christ. May your day be abundantly blessed.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, Christine. It's good that your voice is back...I pray for speedy recovery.
    I'm glad that you feel productive these days despite feeling under the weather. I love that verse, too. Thank you for the encouragement. It came well received.
    Your photos are always amazing and your teacup is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your sunset picture!

    Funny, I posted about the blessing of work on my blog today. Must be the Lord speaking to both of us! It's so awesome that He has a job (or calling) for each of us.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweet friend! Good words of wisdom and sisterly love...thank you :-) My Tea Talk today was not particularly light...but I am not in a "light" mood (I'm at COD, uh...yeah; I hate this place). Anyway, I'm glad you're not suffering with a super drippy nose and cough and cruddies...

    See you tomorrow? :-)
    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)