The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tea Talk -- Rejoice and Rejoice!


Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.



I'm having...a cup of Trader Joe's Irish breakfast tea in what has become my regular morning mug.


Yep, it's a "Grad" mug!  Danny received it this past June as a high school graduation gift, and he doesn't drink coffee.  Or tea.  It's a pretty hefty sized mug--I guess they figure those college kids really chug down lots of coffee!  It's a great size for a big mug of hot tea in the morning.  So it's my new "regular."

I'm feeling...better, in a few different ways.  Last week I had laryngitis, which is finally gone.  This past week, I had dental work done on Monday morning, and suffered the lovely after-effect of an aching jaw for a few days.  Needless to say, I haven't eaten much lately!

 The front porch garden in autumn

On my mind...is new-found time!  A few photos will explain:


Danny got his driver's license!  I'm thrilled for him.  A few hours after he got it, he was driving away to biology class, and I was left behind.  I was slightly anxious but felt amazingly FREE.  :)

I leave you with...a passage of Scripture that my dear sister-in-Christ and I studied over the phone a few days ago.  What a treasured time of in-depth word study we had.

The LORD your God is in your midst,
A victorious warrior.
He will exult over you with joy,
He will be quiet in His love,
He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.
Zephaniah 3:17 NASB

Because it's so amazing, I'll type it straight from the Hebrew (interlinear):

Jehovah your God in your midst (is) mighty.
He will save He will rejoice over you with joy.
He is silent in His love; He rejoices over you with a shout of joy.

The first rejoice (Strong's 7797):  to exult, rejoice.  Translated delight, exult, glad, rejoice, rejoice greatly.

The second rejoice (Strong's 1524):  a rejoicing.  Translated exultation, greatly, joy, rejoicing.  From #1524--to rejoice, translated cry, exult, glad, rejoice.

From the dictionary:

  • exult:  to show or feel a lively or triumphant joy; rejoice exceedingly; be highly elated or jubilant.  To leap, especially for joy.
  • delight:  to have great pleasure; take pleasure.
  • rejoice:  to be glad, take delight.  To make joyful; gladden.

Sorry that's so long!  If you skipped over it, that's fine, too.  The Bible verse is complete in itself!  But the in-depth word study is amazing, since we're not the ones who are doing this action.  God is.

The Lord is exulting over me.  With joy.  He is showing a lively and triumphant joy over me.  He is rejoicing exceedingly over me.  He is highly elated and jubilant, even to the point of leaping, over me.  He is taking great pleasure, gladness, and delight, in me.  Me.  This lowly sinner, a teeny-tiny one of over four billion people, not accomplishing great things for Him, not one of astounding faith.  But the Lord acts this way over me, His child.  I am simply amazed.


Honeybee in my backyard


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

4 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for this! I loved the study...thank you for sharing it :-)

    {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your visit! Will try the list!!! Sounds better than carrying my calendar open everyday!!! Really love the pic of the "bee in the blossom." Wishing you a grand weekend! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big AMEN to the word study. Thank you for sharing this passage. I need this dose as there seems nothing around here to rejoice for. But I know I have to and it doesn't depend on my circumstances.
    Glad to hear you are feeling better and that Danny can now drive to school by himself.Yeah!

    Rejoicing with you,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine~ Late for tea again, but so glad to have joined you. How exciting to see your young man grow up! He looks so old and handsome driving away. And you are so young looking for such a big son.

    Thank you for sharing your word study. It is amazing how Great God's love is for us.

    Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 John 4:10

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)