The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tea Talk -- In Peace


Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.



I'm having...a cup of my regular Trader Joe's Irish Breakfast tea, in my regular mug.  I took a [small!] number of photos of my tea mug and cozy from my recent upstate NY "retreat" vacation, and I'm sharing the below one with you today.  My older brother had no idea why I was taking photos of my tea mug; it was very humorous to hear him question my dad! 

See that tall, skinny tree in the upper center of the image below?  That's what it looked like on our first morning at Lake Bonaparte; you'll see this tree again at the end of this post...


It was a chilly morning, that first morning.  But my mug of tea warmed me up nicely.  So did the sun.  Oh, I can't stand it--I'm sharing two tea mug photos today.  I'll save the last of the Lake Bonaparte "mug shots" (and my favorite image) for next week's Tea Talk.  So stay tuned!  ;)


I'm feeling...still full from dinner last night.  We feasted on a meal gifted to us in exchange for flute lessons, and the M. Family sure know how to satisfy a household of guys! 

Leaf on the lake

Before my sweet retreat vacation, I felt a little like the above leaf, adrift on the water and pushed in whatever direction the wind blew.  Even though that water looks still, there was enough motion in wind and water to slowly move that leaf beyond my camera lens.  Now, though, I'm abiding in His peace, and trying to be still and know that He is Lord.  I am not adrift; my anchor holds in Him.

On my mind...my to-do list is shrinking!  Today I have tomatoes on my mind.  Specifically in the form of a 44-quart Rubbermaid storage tote mounded way over its brim with overripe, ripe, ripening, and green tomatoes (from top to bottom).  Today is Tomato Day!  I'm going to attempt to can, in some way, shape, or form, all of the red tomatoes.  Well, I might set aside two or three beautiful ones for a salad.

I leave you with...a few verses of Scripture that is keeping my heart steady today.

You have put gladness in my heart,
More than when their grain and new wine abound.
In peace I will both lie down and sleep,
For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:7-8 NASB


Remember the tall, skinny tree in the first photo above?  I took another photo of that tree just four little days later, before we left the beautiful Adirondack foothills.

Four days and the handiwork of God


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos!!! We lived in upstate NY for three years, and it is a glorious place to be. Of course, I think autumn everywhere is beautiful. :)

    Have a satisfying and productive day today canning; it feels so GOOD to put things by to feed your family with, doesn't it?

    Have a lovely weekend, Christine! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Hope to see you tomorrow for games, 7pm!

    Love,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the leaves are turning! I love autumn!
    It's a double treat for me that you posted 2 tea photos this week. This is the thing I cannot do at this time. My garden is messed up as we have moved potted plants to the balcony, and all teacups/mugs are already kept somewhere under everything up in the cupboard where no floodwater can reach them :-)
    thank you for the verse. I'll be sleeping soundly tonight knowing that He will keep my family in safety.

    Thank you for your prayers, Christine. Your Tea Talk posts always cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures, Christine! I love the floating leaf photo, and the flaming orange tree that God painted!

    Thanks for sharing that scripture. It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)