The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tea Talk -- The One Who Holds My Hand


Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.



I'm having...a cup of my regular--Trader Joe's Irish Breakfast tea, in my regular mug.  I took several images of my Lake Bonaparte mug from earlier October when I went on a special trip with my parents and older brother to upstate New York.  My parents travel there every fall to enjoy their lake house one last time, see friends and family, participate in a Columbus Day cook-off event, and get their house ready for winter.  My brother Matt and I tagged along this year to help them, and to make some special memories of our own.

Morning tea on the back deck at Lake Bonaparte

There's my mug!  I claim it for my personal use whenever I'm at the Lake.  It's a tall white mug, with a blue Giants football helmet on the side.  My mom crocheted a cozy which ties around the handle.  I like both the size and the cozy, and it's great for a nice mug of tea in the morning--especially an autumn morning!

I'm feeling...renewed, refreshed, and relaxed.  That was the whole point of my trip to the lake.  I was so overwhelmed with the hectic and rushed feeling of life; I felt swamped and not able to stay afloat.  The Lord orchestrated this trip to renew my soul and calm my spirit.

Our little piece of the Lake

On my mind...even though scads of issues continue to wait for me to handle, life is not so overwhelming right now.  My anchor is resting firmly in His Word and His Life and His Love.  A few weeks ago, I created a "Daily Docket" for each day to help me accomplish those things that need doing today.  I'm using my daily docket to help me get things done--today will be processing the rest of my garden herbs, going to Costco to stock up on a few items (and to get dishwashing detergent--we've been handwashing for two days!), and concentrating on helping Thomas write a report.  There is lots of other stuff on my mind, but I'm focusing on today, and today only.  :)

 In the garden at the Lake

I leave you with...I was reading Psalm 37 in my devotion time yesterday, and I was refreshed all over again!  I will share just a portion here for you.

The steps of a man are established by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.
When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong,
Because the LORD is the One who holds his hand.
Psalm 37:23-24 NASB

But the salvation of the righteous is from the LORD;
He is their strength in time of trouble.
The LORD helps them and delivers them;
He delivers them from the wicked and saves them,
Because they take refuge in Him.
Psalm 37:39-40 NASB

Autumn sunset on the Lake

Thank You, Lord, for Your precious peace!  Thank You for Your strength and Your promises.  Thank You for Your hand in mine that will never let me go.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

4 comments:

  1. thank you Christine for this beautiful post. It really blessed my heart. The photos gave a little respite to my eyes which been bombarded with images of the flood around us.
    I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful time away making memories with your parents and brother. what a blessing to feel renewed again.
    Loved you morning tea photo. I feel relaxed by just looking at it.
    Thank you for your prayers.
    Love and blessings,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Christine! (As always...)
    I love the "mug shot" ... I am glad, though, that the football logo is covered up by the mug cozy! I think it would have been less lovely-looking :-)

    Thank you for sharing this, I enjoyed the Psalm so much :-)

    Love you,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post,Christine! and your photos are beautiful! Thanks for the visit and for refreshing me with those precious promises from God's Word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Christine! I'm a little late to tea this week. I absolutely love love love your mug cozy. I have never seen one but often wished for something just like it. Maybe I can find a pattern and put my daughter to work (or myself, haha) to make one.

    Psalm 37 is one of my favorites! There was a time in my life that I read it every single day to get through some difficult times. The Lord is so good and his promises are sure. I love "delight thyself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."

    Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)