The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, October 15, 2010

FFG--A Versatile Breakfast

Plans4You
My dear friend Lori hosts Friday Farm Girls at Heart every week; please click on her button to the left to visit her blog and find out how you can participate!

Since I've posted so many pictures of pancakes, I thought I'd share the recipe with you.  If I haven't made preparations the night before, my boys will thoughtfully mix all the dry ingredients together for me in the morning.  They'll get out the griddle, pancake flipper, and everything else I need to get breakfast on the table.  I love my boys.  :)

Night-before prep is easy with this recipe; just mix all the dry ingredients together, and place measuring cups/spoons out so that in the morning you can pull all the wet ingredients together quickly.  Enjoy!

Whole-Wheat Pancakes

2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup cane juice crystals (or granulated sugar)
1 T + 1 t baking powder
1/2 (or so) cups rolled oats
1/4 cup lecithin granules (optional)
1/4 cup ground flax seed (optional)
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups milk (less or more, depending on how thick you like the batter)
2 T oil (I use olive)

Stir together dry ingredients.  Add wet ingredients to dry; mix well (will probably be a little lumpy).  Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto a lightly oiled griddle or heavy skillet.  Cook until golden brown on bottom, flipping to cook other side when pancake has a bubbly surface and slightly dry edges.  Serve with pure maple syrup, honey, butter, fruit topping, etc.  You can also add about a cup of chopped fruit to the batter.

I have posted so many pictures of pancakes that I'm not going to post one today!  And I know this has nothing to do with pancakes or even breakfast, but here is a garden photo from just a few days ago.  My September harvest is still going strong even in October; praise the Lord!



Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
captured by Christine Anne