The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tea Talk--Joy of My Heart


Welcome to my home!
Sit and have a cup of tea with me and share a little time of relaxation and encouragement.
To join, click on Ruth's button above!


I'm having...my regular Scottish breakfast tea, robust and enlivening for this morning.  Since I have only a few different tea cups and mugs, and I've already shown then, here is a shot of breakfast on Tuesday.  For some reason, I love taking photos of pancakes--goofy, I know.  Thomas instigated things for this shot, however.  He arranged everything on his plate and hollered, "Hey, Mom!  Go get your camera before I pour the syrup!"  How can a photographer mom resist that??

Blueberry-strawberry pancakes with strawberry topping and syrup

I'm feeling...calm but busy.  We're in a decent routine, and home and homeschool life have settled into a comfortable rhythm.  However, there are still several items on my to-do list, and they're tapping insistently at the back of my brain.  And yet a few more have been added this week.  I need to check a few of them off!

On my mind is...going out to get more cream!  I ran out when I had my cup of tea this morning.  For me, this is a crisis, as I always have my morning tea with cream.  It's the same thing with ketchup for our boys--if we run out, panic sets in.  ;)

I leave you with...a verse from Psalms that I came across this morning.  It lifts me up, and I hope it encourages you, too!

I have inherited Your testimonies forever,
For they are the joy of my heart.
Psalm 119:111 nasb

inherited -- to get as a blessing
testimonies -- admonitions, ordinances, or warnings
joy -- exultation, rejoicing, gaiety, gladness, rejoice greatly

The Lord's commands are a joy, not meant to put me under His thumb, but meant as my inheritance of blessing!

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
captured by Christine Anne