The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, January 31, 2014

Bread Baking Day

I made rice bread today, one of my favorite bread recipes because it always seems to turn out light and fluffy.  That's important when you're working with freshly ground whole-wheat flour!  I've decided I want to try making it as our "bread of choice," our daily lunch bread, even though it calls for making a batch of rice (I've used both white and brown), and seems to take longer to make (though that isn't really true).

I made a mistake with this batch, too, and instead of measuring out four scant cups of rice for my quadruple batch, I dumped the three cups of water into the entire pot of rice (I always cook more rice than I need).  Needless to say, I had watery rice which got eaten anyway, and also used for bread.  But, because there was extra water in it, I had to add extra flour to the dough as it was kneading in my Bosch mixer.

The result was rather large loaves of bread, but I went ahead and baked them.  Here's how they turned out:

My funny looking bread loaves.  :)

That loaf on the left was the largest one, and it was so large that it baked up high and into the oven rack above it!!  There are lines on the top of the loaf.  My guys quickly ate it up, and it was soft and chewy and so very yummy.

Here's a passage of Scripture to go along with my funny bread.


The steps of a man are established by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.
When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong,
Because the LORD is the One who holds his hand.
I have been young and now I am old,
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken
Or his descendants begging bread.
Psalm 37:23-25 NASB


What a meaty passage of Scripture, food for the soul!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)