The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tea Talk -- Every Word


Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.


Lake Bonaparte wildflowers


I'm having...a cup of green pomegranate tea.  My friend and neighbor Lorraine brought some of this loose tea for me to try, and it's excellent and very flavorful.  I'm using my everyday Pfaltzgraff Ocean Breeze pattern tea cup.  Kudos to you if you can spot it in the below picture of the basement computer desk!  This is where I do my photography editing and blogging.  Danny and Thomas built the computer and it is the only one in the house that can handle my photo editing software.


I'm feeling...fine!  The Lord has been keeping me in His care this week.  Fernando had surgery on Monday to repair his left rotator cuff and bicep (an injury from last May), and he has already had two rehab therapy sessions, with another scheduled for tomorrow!  I think that's amazing.

On my mind...is my dear sweetheart, of course.  I'm playing nurse to him, but the boys are helping so much that I feel as if I'm hardly doing anything.  Friends have blessed us with meals, too.  There are obviously things waiting for me on my to-do list, but the Lord has His own focus for me this week, and it is to take care of my darling.  The funny thing is--when I was a little girl, I wanted to grow up to be either a nurse or a teacher.  Well, I am a homeschool mom.  However, I have realized that I would have made a terrible nurse!  :)

I leave you with...another funny thing is, I've been reading Scripture before going to bed each night.  (No, that's not the funny thing.)  This is the funny thing:  I've been reading about all the kings who followed or didn't follow the statutes of the Lord, and famines where women were boiling their children to eat.  It has not exactly been ideal bedtime reading!  (I can hardly believe that some of that stuff is in the Word!!)  I refuse to share those verses with you.  (You're welcome!)  Instead, I have chosen this one:


Every word of God is tested;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Proverbs 30:5 NASB


tested -- 6884.  To smelt, refine, test.  This Hebrew word carries connotations of having been "through the fire," as when a metal is smelted and refined to remove impurities.  In the side margin of my beloved Bible, I wrote pure next to tested.  This is every word of God!  Every single one.  How marvelous to take refuge in the One whose every word has been tested and proven pure in every way, without blemish, stain, or impurity.  He is my shield!  My heart sings praise to Him.


 This photo makes me think of Christmas.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

5 comments:

  1. Hi Christine~

    I'm so sorry to hear of your DH's surgery, but so very happy to hear things are going smoothly around the house and that he's already on his way to a full recovery. I can't believe all that PT so soon, either - good for him!

    Must. Get. Back. To. Work.... *sigh* Wouldn't you just love to spend a day online sometime and visit and comment and post to your heart's content? That would be lovely. :)

    Have a wonderful day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're all doing well :-) Love your mini Bible study here...yes, so good to take refuge in the PURE Word! Gotta run, Nathan needs my computer for something...

    PS: No game night, Nathan's too sick and we don't want to share it :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to the verse you've shared. Thanks, Christine, for sharing your word study. And, as usual, you photos are always pleasant surprises. I wish I have my own corner to do my blogging and photo editing. We have only one desktop for the whole family so we all take turns. But, still, I'm able to do what I need to do in the computer when everyone's in bed :-)

    Prayers are lifted for Fernando's speedy recovery.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your hubby is doing so well recuperating from surgery. Also, it is good that you have realized your childhood dream (both the good - teaching - and the not-so-good - nursing!)

    I like the scripture you chose. I am so glad the word is pure and tested! Totally worthy of basing our lives on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Christine~ I don't think I would make a very good nurse either. I love that picture at the end. It makes me think of Christmas also. I never heard of Pomegranate tea...sounds lovely. Seems there are more and more things of that flavor out.

    God bless your day and your husband.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)