The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tea Talk -- His Name


Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.


I'm having...a cup of Trader Joe's sipping chocolate.  (I actually had this last night.)  Very rich, very chocolatey.  :)

Hot chocolate in my Gibson china teacup

I'm feeling...just dandy this morning, though still a bit sleepy.

On my mind...is how to calculate the radius of a curved roadway, how to use the triangulation method to place evidence in a field sketch, the length of a yaw skid mark...  Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, either.  These past few days, I have been typing up an outline of a "Traffic Accident Investigation" field manual for Jacob.  I have learned more about parts of cars, skid marks, flares, and evidence-gathering than I ever wanted to know.  And today will be the final push to complete the outline.  I'm nearing 80 pages of typed material!

I leave you with...any Scripture should take my mind off traffic accidents and evidence, lol.  I leave you with this particular passage as my mind and heart look toward this Christmas season:

For a child will be born to us,
a son will be given to us;
And the government will rest on His shoulders;
And His name will be called

Wonderful Counselor, 
Mighty God,
Eternal Father, 
Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6 NASB

O Come, O Come Emmanuel!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

3 comments:

  1. You have a lovely tree, and your chocolate looks so yummy.

    Our homeschoolers have a little Christmas presentation this Saturday, and the youngest boy has to recite that beautiful and powerful verse you shared here.

    I pray that that traffic accident episode in your family be soon over for you family, and so you can fully enjoy this Christmas season.

    Thank you for joining Tea Talk this week (as always). I made a little blogroll of all Tea Talk friend of us in my sidebar.

    Blessings!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. 80 pages! Wow that's a lot of typing about accidents!

    I love Isaiah 9:6. It's a wonderful scripture to reflect on this time of year.

    What a gorgeous tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tree! See you at Tea!
    Love,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)