The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Merry Merry Muffins!

I've been on a muffin kick lately.  This is my second muffin recipe post in a row!


I actually found and modified this recipe last year, so when this year's Christmas season rolled around, I pulled the recipe back out and made some again, except I made mini muffins--lots of little yummy!

This recipe began as an eggnog bread recipe.  Quick bread recipes are a cinch to turn into muffin recipes--just use muffin pans instead of bread pans, reduce the baking time, et voilĂ !   I added banana to this recipe, which, in combination with the eggnog and its spices, gives this recipe a wonderful taste that even non-eggnog lovers will love.  I'm proof of that!

Here is my "new and improved" recipe.

Banana Eggnog Muffins
makes twelve muffins

2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup cane juice crystals (or white sugar)2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup eggnog (I used Oberweis eggnog)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 1/2 cups freshly ground whole-wheat flour (or 2 1/4 cups white flour)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash freshly ground nutmeg (freshly ground is very strong, so go easy!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line 12 muffin cups with muffin papers.  Blend together the eggs and butter.  Add cane juice crystals and beat.  Mix in bananas, eggnog, and vanilla.

With whisk, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.  Add to wet mixture and stir just enough to moisten and until all has been mixed together.  Pour evenly into muffin cups.  Top muffins with turbinado sugar ("sugar in the raw"), or cinnamon/sugar, or leave plain.

Bake about 20 minutes or until golden and they test done with a toothpick.  Let cool on wire rack.  These muffins freeze great.

Banana eggnog muffins


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Happy New Year! These muffins sound delish!

    Blessings,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)