The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Good Christian Men, Rejoice!

Time to celebrate! It is an incredible blessing to be able to celebrate Christmas with our family. I'm so thankful that all 11 of us can be together on this wonderful day!


After a beautifully simple church service, we came home to a warm home and the aroma of sausage egg bake in the oven.  We had a great spread of food for munching all afternoon, or at least until my brother Matt and his wife Char arrived.  They spent Christmas morning with her side of the family, so we had fun socializing and eating and laughing until they arrove.

Waiting for Matt and Char to come...

Jacob is probably in trouble again!

Danny was tired from the long morning.


Finally, Matt and Char arrived and after greetings, more food, and more laughter, the gift-opening commenced.  Last year, we did a puzzle exchange with our four little family groups.  This year, it was decided that a "grab bag" style gift exchange would be good.  Everyone got to open a gift.  :)











Char wanted a pair of new sneakers, so Jacob put cash in an envelope at the bottom of the box.  Then, he wrapped a pair of the oldest, dirtiest pair of sneakers in our home and put that on top of the real gift.  He addressed the package to "Shoeless Char Jackson."  It was a hit!





I loved being able to capture this shot of Jacob lovin' on his Grandma.  :)


Right before dinner, our doorbell rang and a group of carolers sang to us!  I cried.  It was my friend Helen and her family.  What a blessing!!


Ellie (my camera) does not like the lighting in our dining room.  So the below is the best I could do with my tripod.  This is our gang!


Later, after all had left, Fernando called us back into the family room--he had "stuffed" our stockings with restaurant gift cards!



Mmmm...such possibilities!


A very merry Christmas to you and yours!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)