The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tea talk -- He Who Trusts in the Lord


Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.


I'm having...a cup of Trader Joe's sipping chocolate in my Gibson china.  What a treat!


I'm feeling...just fine, thank you!

On my mind...is my visit with my dear sister in Christ this afternoon.  She hasn't been feeling well (back issues, I can so easily relate!), and I pray that I will be a blessing to her.  This morning, I'm finalizing plans for my portion of our state convention--that has to be done by today!  I'm in the last stages of getting information together and emailed to the appropriate people.  Whew!

I leave you with...a Proverb that I read today:

The fear of man brings a snare,
But he who trusts in the LORD will be exalted.
Proverbs 29:25 NASB

  • fear of man:  Getting (or desiring) man's approval, swayed by man's opinion.  Doing this constitutes idolatry.
  • snare:  I am taken prisoner by this snare; the more I struggle, the tighter I am caught.  (Proverbs 5:22 says, "His own iniquities will capture the wicked, and he will be held with the cords of his sin.")
  • trusts:  This is in the present tense.  I am to leave my care with the Lord, in the present, over and over again.  Trust = dependence on and confidence in.  (Psalm 118:6, Proverbs 18:10, Luke 12:4-5).

If I live as if I were approved unto God, I will live in the absence of the fear of man.

Aren't winter trees starkly beautiful?


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website