The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tea talk -- He Who Trusts in the Lord


Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.


I'm having...a cup of Trader Joe's sipping chocolate in my Gibson china.  What a treat!


I'm feeling...just fine, thank you!

On my mind...is my visit with my dear sister in Christ this afternoon.  She hasn't been feeling well (back issues, I can so easily relate!), and I pray that I will be a blessing to her.  This morning, I'm finalizing plans for my portion of our state convention--that has to be done by today!  I'm in the last stages of getting information together and emailed to the appropriate people.  Whew!

I leave you with...a Proverb that I read today:

The fear of man brings a snare,
But he who trusts in the LORD will be exalted.
Proverbs 29:25 NASB

  • fear of man:  Getting (or desiring) man's approval, swayed by man's opinion.  Doing this constitutes idolatry.
  • snare:  I am taken prisoner by this snare; the more I struggle, the tighter I am caught.  (Proverbs 5:22 says, "His own iniquities will capture the wicked, and he will be held with the cords of his sin.")
  • trusts:  This is in the present tense.  I am to leave my care with the Lord, in the present, over and over again.  Trust = dependence on and confidence in.  (Psalm 118:6, Proverbs 18:10, Luke 12:4-5).

If I live as if I were approved unto God, I will live in the absence of the fear of man.

Aren't winter trees starkly beautiful?


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

4 comments:

  1. Amen to your word study, Christine. Thanks for sharing.

    Yes, that's one beauty you captured, and your chocolate drink looks rich and yummy.

    I hope your visit to your friend would be a blessing to both of you.

    Blessings,
    Ruth

    The TEE Talk shop in my post is actually a T-shirt shop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate you sharing that verse and the definitions. I love the trees in winter. I was just thinking the other day how beautiful they were, but thought many people probably wouldn't agree.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Christine, and thank you for your kind comments on my post! Yes, winter trees are beautiful; I have always loved them. There isn't a season I don't find beauty in. :)

    I hope this finds you and yours well and having had a lovely holiday season. It's good to be back visiting! :)
    Shani xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing those beautiful thoughts. I hope you had a great time with your sister. Dropping late via Tea Talk.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)