The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tea Talk -- Be On The Alert


Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Click on Ruth's button above to participate with me.
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.


I'm having...a cup of Trader Joe's Irish breakfast tea in my Polish pottery.  The below is a picture of one of Lori's teacups.  Isn't it pretty?


I'm feeling...healthy and well.  Thank you for asking!

On my mind...I'm helping Jacob with some issues he's having with the community college he is attending.  He is receiving the "run-around" from various people, so I'm helping him put together a strategy and plan of action which will help him obtain what he is seeking, and which at the same time is God-honoring and respectful.  It's so hard when I have been wronged; I just want to charge in and demand my rights.  It's even harder when my young men are wronged!  Even though they're older, they still don't have the skill (which is built through experience) to negotiate and figure out what to do.  We're praying that the Lord would be glorified through this situation.  I'll definitely keep you posted!

I leave you with...the end of a passage of Scripture we read in family devotions last night.


Be on the alert then,
for you do not know the day or the hour.
Matthew 25:13 NASB

  • alert:  formed from the Greek word to awaken, to raise up.  Meaning to be awake, to watch.

Jesus spoke these words after He shared the parable of the ten virgins.  All ten took their lamps.  All ten fell asleep.  But only five were prepared for the bridegroom to come.  They stayed the course and were faithful til the end.  Jesus admonishes me to be on the alert, to be aware of Him in all things--in my own personal life and in world events.  It is not physical sleep that is at issue here--it is my spiritual alertness to Him in my life.  My constant surrender to and focus on Him keeps me alert and awake in Christ!



The DuPage River in winter


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that teacup is so pretty! Lori has some very pretty china. :)

    I hope your son can resolve his problem quickly and respectfully.

    Love the photo of the river; looks so peaceful. Of course, it really should have snow, lol.

    Have a lovely day!!!
    Shani xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scripture, Christine. Thanks for sharing it. I needed a good reminder of being aware of Him at all times. I want to be ready!

    I also love the photo of the DuPage River. I adore photos of water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such dainty teacup! Loved the floral design.

    I heard what your heart there when you talked about Jacob's issues at school. Reading it made me want to fly to be with my son. We talk to him every day via internet but it seems not enough for me to tell myself he'll be alright :-)He's smart but still lacking that life experience that you mentioned. Jacob is blessed to have a family like yours. I'm sure the verse you shared here spoke well to him as it did to me, too.

    Blessings,
    Ruth

    P.S. Yes, I have a pomegranate tree and the birds enjoy the cracked fruits on the tree. It's only less than a dollar per kilo here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine~ I think also of the verse in Proverbs, "Boast not thyself of tomorrow, for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth." Thanks for joining us for Tea Talk this week. I'm sorry I am late. God bless you in helping your son, with wisdom and discernment. His ways are higher than our ways. Thank God, we don't have to lean on our own understanding when things don't go well.

    Looking forward to the update. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)