The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tea Talk -- This Will Be A Sign


Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.


I'm having...a mug of Irish breakfast tea in my new tea mug!



On one of my extremely rare "window shopping" adventures, I spotted this Polish pottery.  After oohing and aahing and practically drooling over the various pieces and patterns, I was persuaded by the shop owner to fill out a gift wish list.  She then proceeded to hand me a $10 gift certificate to her store!  But wait...  there's more to this story...

Last week I spent a massive chunk of time typing up a school project for Jacob.  He usually pays me in peanut butter cups, but seriously--I had spent over 14 hours and typed 87 pages of information.  This project was big.  In thanks, Jacob accompanied me back to this shop, where he chipped his "payment" and, along with some money I had saved, we purchased the teapot and mug in the blue poppy pattern, and the sugar and creamer in the cornflower pattern.  Jacob was so sweet to go with me, since window shopping is complete foreign to his character (I pray frequently for his future wife!).  At one point, after browsing for several minutes, Jacob leaned over to me and whispered, "I'm trying, Mom, but this is really hard!"

I'm feeling...fine and dandy.  :)

On my mind...are details of Christmas.  I'm guessing Christmas is on your mind as well!  I'm trying to enjoy the whole process, instead of becoming frenzied with preparations for just one day which will pass as a vapor.  Today I plan to enjoy hand-addressing envelopes in which we will send out our annual Christmas letter (which is written but not yet copied).  I enjoy this activity because it gives me time to think about each person and/or family we send a letter to.  I think back on the blessings of each person, and thank the Lord for all of them.

I leave you with...a passage of Scripture fit for this season.

This will be a sign for you:
you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
And suddenly there appeared with the angel 
a multitude of the heavenly host 
praising God and saying,
"Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased."
Luke 2:12-14 NASB


 "A shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse..." [Isaiah 11:1ff]


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! I couldn't see the first pic...just a black bg with the little white box containing a red "x." But the droplets on the shoot are gorgeous! Nathan is stealing my computer now...glitch with his for his online physics class, must go now!
    Love,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Polish Pottery. Beautiful choice and beautiful picture of the branch. You are such a wonderful photographer. I do the same thing about writing out the envelopes by hand...it gives you a chance to really think about the person you are sending the card to.

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your Polish Pottery! My Christmas letter is ready to mail out, but I took the easy way out and used colorful address labels made on my printer. I think your way is better ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post! I enjoyed munching every word!
    I'm here at a beach resort (God blessed our team of volunteers a time of rest), and you post is the first I read after my devotional.

    I love your new tea set and the story behind it!

    Now I'm reminded to start working on our Christmas letter...Been busy with year-end report.

    Enjoy your day, Christine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)