The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tea Talk -- Light, Salvation, Defense


Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.


Sunday -- On my way to a prairie sunset


I'm having...my usual morning cup of Trader Joe's Irish breakfast tea, with honey and cream.  I have this every morning unless I run out--which I try not to do.  :)

I'm feeling...good health-wise.  And otherwise, continuing to focus on the Lord as our family has been experiencing testing and/or trial these past two weeks.  We have some decisions to make--good decisions--that require prayer and good communication within our family, and which may be leading us down a new path.  This is an exciting thing, but we're experiencing testing that we believe is equal to the move of God upon our lives.  Satan definitely doesn't want us moving forward for God's Kingdom!  So he resists.  And we are standing firm.

Almost set


On my mind...is the court proceeding Danny and I experienced yesterday.  After a long wait, Danny stood before the judge (for a minor fender-bender he had a number of weeks ago), and was assigned to traffic school, and to appear with the class' certificate in hand on December 28.  Ugh.  So this trial continues.  And we still have to pay the fine, plus an extra $40 for traffic school.

I leave you with...a section of a Psalm of fearless trust in God.  Fernando and I read this earlier in the week, and it was a great encouragement to us as we face the aforementioned trials.

The LORD is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the defense of my life;
Whom shall I dread?
When evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh,
My adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell.
Though a host encamp against me,
My heart will not fear;
Though war arise against me,
In spite of this I shall be confident.
Psalm 27:1-3 NASB

Prairie sunset


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful verses that go with your amazing sunset shots! Thanks for linking this post to Tea Talk.

    I'm sorry to heard about the hard 2 weeks you've been but you all are standing firm in the Lord as a family and I'm blessed and encouraged to see your passion to please God in your every decision and action.
    Will be praying for you that you persevere as these trials continue...these will soon pass.

    Blessings,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed visiting your blog, thanks to Ruth at Tea Talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trader Joe's has the BEST salsa! I will pray for your family as you forge ahead under the weight of the Cross! May He bless you with great JOY for your obedience and willingness to heed and answer His call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome sunsets you shared! Thanks. I'm in the business of communication. Often it is on Christian blogs that I find excellent illustrations of all those theories we use as solutions to issues society faces everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)