The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, September 9, 2011

Farm Girls + Farmers Market = Happy

Plans4You

"There is rhythm to being a farmgirl.
It is the rhythm of working hard when there is work to be done.
It is the rhythm of finding joy in the "doing" of the work.
It is also the rhythm of slowing down to enjoy each moment."
Rene Groom

I'm linking up with Lori's Friday Farm Girls @ Heart today.


Today's Friday Farm Girls post is about slowing down to enjoy a morning with my hubby Fernando.  I'd heard about this farmers market from Lori all summer long, and I hinted to Fernando that it might make a nice date one Saturday morning.  He told me to wake him up, and last Saturday I did, and we went to Wheaton together.  :)


This was a new experience for me--a huge farmers market.  I've been to small ones, and our local market is also small.  I wasn't used to narrow aisles with tons of people, and a dizzying array of things being sold.  It was so much fun.

The first booth down the first aisle was the best booth.  Mostly because Lori was manning her son's knife-sharpening booth.  ;)


Bryan is good.  Real good.  I love my knives, and it was fun to watch him in action.


I didn't take a lot of pictures; mostly I was trying to take everything in.  It really was a fun overwhelming few hours!  We purchased yummy sandwiches from Suzette's, a baguette and a chocolate croissant (all mine) from the French nuns' booth, and a big box of the sweetest Michigan blueberries I have ever tasted.

I had to resist the urge to buy all the vegetables I saw.  I love farmers markets.  :)


I had a happy morning, connecting with my husband and exploring local vendors, local produce, and local products.  Happy.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh it looked like soooooooo much fun! And sounds soooooo yummy too. [o= I will be in one of those in a week and couple days. Our Fall fair and I love the atmosphere, so much fun indeed.

    I loved hearing you had a wonderful date with your hubby. What could be finer?

    Blessings and ((HUGS))!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweet friend! I'm so sorry I didn't have a FFG to link into for this one...we were camping (it was fun to talk to you, though!). Please link this up on Friday the 16th, and if you have another post, link it, too!

    Love you,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)