The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tea Talk -- Come to Me


Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.



I'm having...iced tea with lemon on this hot, humid day.  I'm sitting in my special spot, trying to stay cool and wondering what happened to our two weeks of fantastic weather.  HHH (Chicago term = hazy, hot, + humid) reared its head today, and will be here for our garage sale tomorrow, too.  Figures.  *crosses eyes*

I'm feeling...good physically, overwhelmed mentally with everything that I can't get done as usual.  Why?  I ask myself.  Argh.  It's so frustrating to have everything organized, know what I'm supposed to be doing, and life's schedule throws everything into this whirlwind I'm supposed to be able to handle.  More on that following...

On my mind...the above issue, obviously.  I tend to slow down during those humid summer days, but I need anything but a slow-down right now!  Garage sale this weekend with two other dear families, an all-day Labor Day cookout to prepare for and attend (which will be fun, it's just the crazy prep part), then SCHOOL officially on Tuesday.  I've been spending my days trekking to various college campuses with Danny, while trying to get things done (sure wish I had a laptop).  And poor Thomas is stuck doing whatever schoolwork he can without me at home.  He needs a computer to watch his math DVDs, and I don't have our history curriculum yet, or Biology lessons sorted out yet.  I hate to do all this on Sunday afternoon, but it looks like that's the only time I'll have to "get it all done."  Sigh.

I leave you with...well, it's more for me than for you.  I'm so sorry about this crazy post!  I guess you now get to see me all unglued and coming apart at the seams.  I'm being all Martha right now, running around trying to figure out how to do it all.  But the Lord's calming hand of mercy touches my heart, and I know He has it all under control.  I leave it with Him.

Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden,
and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.
For My yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30 NASB



Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

3 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! What a beautiful picture. May I come visit your garden!?! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm claiming the promise of rest for you and myself, Christine. I'm actually glad to hear that I'm not the only one having "crazy" days. but we shouldn't worry, this too shall quickly pass by. I pray that you still find rest amid craziness. I'm actually excited for you on your coming garage sale which I heard from Lori.

    Blessings ans prayers for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life just refuses to slow down for us, doesn't it? Sometimes I think we'll just have to keep running until the cold weather sets in...I'm not looking forward to it, but the winter does make us hibernate a bit.

    Love you!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)