The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wintertime Word of the Day

The beginning

They said it would be huge.  They played it up all morning yesterday.  Hype, hype, hype chanted the news media.  But I gotta tell ya, the hype turned into reality these past 24 hours!  Which brings me to my word of the day:

thundersnow

Thundersnow is a rare kind of thunderstorm with snow, instead of rain, falling as the primary precipitation.

Before bed

It can also be called a winter thunderstorm or a thunder snowstorm.  I like the word thundersnow.  And whatever you call it, we saw the snow, we heard the wind (and saw its effects), we heard the thunder, and we saw the lightning.

Early this morning, and still snowing

Since I like photos so much (really??), I'm posting some "before/during/after" images.  Today, I love snow.

During/After -- Through the kitchen window...


During/After -- Backyard grill area...


During...

Danny took this from an upstairs bedroom--looking into our back yard -- 9:00pm

Looking northwest from the master bedroom -- 10:00pm

After...

Going out the patio door

Our mailbox

Our house (Fernando shoveled the driveway)

I don't think there will be any mail today...

Regarding the above outside images:  Fernando said I should take some pictures outside.  So I threw on my coat, grabbed my camera, and ran out.  I was wearing my jammies, my bathrobe, and slippers at the time, but a true photographer doesn't really care...

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
christine anne photography

1 comment:

  1. WOW look at all your snow! ((eyes bugging out)) I am glad to hear that you all are safe, warm and cozy. ((HUGS))

    Blessings and ((HUGS))!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)