The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tea Talk -- To Him Who Is Able



Welcome to my home!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.



I'm having...a cup of hot chocolate, with a dusting of mix on top.  I think it looks pretty even in muted tones.


I'm feeling...decent, trying to get over this cold, which is mostly just sneezes and sniffles.  I'm thankful, though, that I came down with it this past week, and not next week when I'm scheduled to fly to Georgia for a weekend-long photo shoot.  I should be healthier by this time next week, and ready to travel.

On my mind...is that very photo shoot!  I have the great privilege of shooting images--both candid and portraits--for Southeastern Christian Home Discipleship Families.  I need to make sure all of my camera equipment is ready to go, and that I have everything I need.  Of course, my always-handy vacation list needs to be modified, and this time for two!  Danny will be accompanying me as my traveling companion, luggage and equipment handler, and "minister of friendship" to the T. family (specifically their son Jay!) while we're in Atlanta.  Though Danny was supposed to be a "surprise" for the T. children, they found out anyway (they usually do one way or another), so there are no secrets to be kept and we can concentrate on simply preparing for our journey.

I leave you with...a praise and benediction to the Lord.  I have been reading various verses about how the Lord is glorified, and how He is (and will be) glorified through us, and how we must live to His glory (and not to our own).  These following verses are fitting.

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly
beyond all that we ask or think,
according to the power that works within us,
to Him be the glory in the church
and in Christ Jesus
to all generations
forever and ever.  Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21 nasb

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
christine anne photography

8 comments:

  1. Oh...one of my favorite verses!

    What joy to be able to use this God given talent to continue to glorify Him.

    love,

    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks not just pretty but very yummy! Chocolate is one of my fave drinks.

    Sniffles and sneezes begone! Fun and good luck on the photoshoot. Happy Thursday, Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!!! Your hot chocolate is just too tempting!!! Wishing you much success on your photo shoot. Wishing you too, a grand day! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so gifted with a camera, my loving friend! I am SO happy about your trip to GA, and your ministry and testimony of family-centered, multigenerational-impacting homeschooling! I know the challenges there, and pray God will use you and the T's mightily!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have such deep admiration for those whose gift is "photography"...truly, you are seeing with the eyes of GOD...it shows in the way you capture His world! Safe and joyful journey to you and Danny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun getting ready for your trip! Love those verses!

    Sharity

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMEN! Thank you for the wonderful verse you shared here, Christine. It comforted my soul in this very cold and misty morning here in Hongkong. I have awful cough and colds, yikes! Our host is so kind to offer me a homemade herbal tea which helped a lot ease the congestion. Your yummy photo made me want to have hot choco today.
    I'm excited to hear about your weekend trip with Danny. I'm sure you'll have fun doing the photo shoot. God bless your time in Georgia.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun! How exciting to go on a photo shoot. *grin* I hope you share how it went when you come back. And that hot cocoa looks soooooooooo good!

    Blessings and ((HUGS))!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)