The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, February 18, 2011

FFG -- Cinnamon Pecan Muffins

Plans4You

My sweet friend Lori hosts Friday Farm Girls @ Heart every week;
please click on her button to visit her blog
and to find out how you can participate!


I was so happy to receive my Pampered Chef stoneware muffin pan this past Monday from a young lady who recently hostessed a party.  Now that I have two stoneware muffin pans, I can make two dozen muffins.  No more hungry teenage boys crossing their eyes when I declare, "Three muffins each, now, boys!"  Now I have leftover muffins, to be eaten throughout the day, or even for breakfast the next morning!  It's proof to darling husband that I fed his boys breakfast.  Not that he requires it--the proof or the feeding--but now I can proudly point and say, "Look what I made for breakfast!  Would you like one?"  :)


Cinnamon Pecan Muffins

1 1/4 cup flour (I used fresh-ground whole-wheat and added an extra 1/4 cup)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar (I used cane juice crystals)
3/4 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1 egg, beaten

Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar (I used sucanat)
1/2 cup oats
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1 tablespoon butter, melted

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Coat muffin cups with butter.  Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.  In a separate bowl, mix sugar, milk, butter, and egg.  Add liquid mixture to flour mixture and mix just until moistened.  In a small bowl mix topping ingredients.

Fill muffin cups about half full with batter, sprinkle topping, then fill cups with remaining batter and top with remaining topping.  Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool ten minutes before serving.  Makes 12 muffins.


Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
christine anne photography

12 comments:

  1. MMMMmmmm! :) Looks good! Does the milk have to be Oberweis? ;)

    We're well-fed down here... Joanna made smoothies for b-fast today! :)

    ~Frisbeeman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmy!

    The recipe, like the ones you have shared before, are just delicious!

    Thank you dear friend...enjoy your delicious treat - :)

    maria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O they look absolutely wonderful, Christine! I must copy down that recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    Sharity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm Yum!!! These look appropriate for Vero Beach food, btw. I think they would pass muster!

    Gotta run, loading the car!
    Love you,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! These look SO delicious! My boys would love them. Thank you for sharing this recipe - I'm definitely going to try it out!

    God bless you - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these look delicious, Christine!! Thanks for sharing the recipe - I'm always on the lookout for more muffin recipes. Yum!

    Have a wonderful weekend~
    Shani xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! Ohhh these are times I wish my ds wasn't allergic to nuts.[0= Ohhhh yes...I understand how one dozen of muffins wouldn't go that far with some boys and men in the house. [0;

    Yeah for getting what you need to bake for your men. *grin*

    Blessing and ((HUGS))!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine,

    Haven't checked out the blogs in a while but glad I did tonight. The recipe looks both tasty and healthy. :)

    Glad you are all doing well. ~jane & jaimie~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just checking up on you dear friend...I pray that everything is going well.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are a good cookie. :9 I know you get it from your mom. If you have time, would ♥ her lemon cake recipe. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)