The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Counting My Blessings -- February 15

Branch Of Wisdom


Join us in counting our blessings by clicking above to visit Tamara's blog.


Oh, how I praise the name of my heavenly Father, who adds to His Kingdom those He has chosen.

Our sweet Joseph

Joseph has struggled with faith and doubt these past three or four years.  He has asked the tough questions:  Why did God make me like this?  Why did He give me autism?  What is the purpose?  How come He hasn't healed me?  He has had agonizing conversations with his dad, struggling to put his thoughts and emotions into words.  And his dad has been so patient with him, giving words for those thoughts, the things locked up in Joseph's head.

On Sunday, February 13, Joseph, with the help of his dad, surrendered his life to Christ once and for all.  Doubts about the future may linger, struggles on the path are certain, but Joseph belongs to Him now.  And there is no doubt about that.


How blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven,
Whose sin is covered!
Psalm 32:1 nasb


So then you are no longer strangers and aliens,
but you are fellow citizens with the saints,
and are of God's household.
Ephesians 2:19 nasb

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
christine anne photography

9 comments:

  1. Having a 13you that was diagnosed as either high achieving autistic or severe learning disability, this blog has touched me. It brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet, sweet time that is. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I rejoice with you dear friend!

    I know that there was a huge jubilee in heaven when Joseph...said yes Lord - I am Yours! :)

    Trying to understand the why's will keep you in a loop that has no end. Instead, trust Joseph...just trust that He knows the why's. That He knows the reasons behind your autism. Trust Joseph...He knows believe me, He knows.

    In His Love,

    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christine...what joy must be in your heart at this moment. Every parents greatest prayer...that their children will always walk with the Lord. I am so happy for you and your family at this moment!

    Have a blessed week,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. From following you since last fall and knowing a bit more about your family, what a sweet, sweet post/moment dear Christine. Praise the Lord!
    ((((hugs)))
    katia

    ReplyDelete
  5. PTL my SSiC! I am so happy to hear this and rejoice, rejoice, rejoice!

    Yes this is a wonderful thing to be thankful and such a momentous event in a Christian Parents journey of raising their children. Give your ds a HUGE (((HUG)) all the way from Canada.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    In Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, PTL dear friend! PTL dear Joseph! A message for Joseph: Jesus has so much in store for you, Joseph, far more than you can even ask or think. IF IF IF you will walk in obedience to Him and trust in Him, He will reward you in far greater abundance that you can ever imagine for the role He has given to you to play here on this earth, and in this life. I am so glad, Joseph, that you chose to walk with Jesus. Praise the LORD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That's awesome! What a blessing to see your son come to faith in Jesus Christ. To lay aside himself and his questions to follow his Savior. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ::teary eyed:: His precious heart! ...and a dear mom, YOU, who I KNOW will hold this close to heart forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awesome that Joseph has given his life to Christ! I am so thrilled to read this. Thank you for being such an encouragement through your blog, Christine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)