The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Day Between Days

The Day Between Days.  Or, the day after our anniversary, and the day before my birthday.  That's what today was, and it was a special one!

First, we went to Grace Church, the home church of our friends the B. family, where other friends attend as well.  It was a beautiful service--so refreshing to worship the Lord and study the Word together.  My friend Becki baked me a cake!!  Chocolate with chocolate frosting, as I had "requested" in a past conversation.


I spent the day with these sisters!

After church, Pamela said they had a family commitment, Karen and her family left, and our family followed Becki back to her home.  We talked about going to El Zarape, a local Mexican restaurant.  We had eaten there once before and the food was delicious, so I wanted to go back for my birthday.

Becki's family decided to go with us, so we followed them there, then walked into the restaurant.  I kept following them to a back room, then I was ushered in and---SURPRISE!  I have no pictures of it, but they were forwarded to me.  If you see videos below, I've updated this post.  :)

Everyone was stuffed, to say the least--great food, lots of great friends...  My parents came, too!  Since they decided to come home early from the lake (instead of staying through the beginning of October), they made the drive out west to surprise me for my birthday.  *big grin*

Back at the Becki's home, we chatted and lingered, until we really had to be getting home.  Becki presented me with another whole chocolate cake with chocolate frosting!  I guess we'd have to eat it throughout the week--oh, my.  I really would be getting a birthday week!

My day between days was extra special this year, and I'm so thankful I got to spend it with extra-special friends and family.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)