The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Reflections on 28


Darling,

We made it another year, Papi.  I look at that photo above and see the picture of us on our wedding day, and marvel that we thought we were so mature back then.  We really were just kids, weren't we?

We've had a fairly easy marriage, a fairly simple relationship.  Being opposites, we just fit.  I don't understand you; you don't understand me.  And most of the time that works smoothly and seamlessly!  Seriously, though, we've experienced a lot, and lately, a lot more than we thought we'd ever be facing at this point in our lives.  It's one thing to be broke newlyweds, living on love, so to speak, and quite another to be oldy-weds (ha!) in extremely difficult ongoing circumstances.  Our cares and concerns are different now, since then we literally had nothing but a few pieces of furniture and few responsibilities, and now--the issues seem to be overwhelming.

You know I'm not going to write a flowery, ornate missive here.  Simply, the Lord has kept us, and He is faithful.  I've quoted the following verse throughout my posts about our journey these past few years, and I'll quote it here because when all is said and done, His faithfulness is what has kept us, in His care and as one together.

This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:21-23 NASB



I love you, and thank God for 28 amazing years together.

Yours forever,

Your Girly.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)