The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Monday, September 14, 2015

My Actual Birthday

Lots of birthday posts here lately!  I have only one birthday, but this 50th birthday continued for a week!  I'm hoping it'll last longer than that--not because of gifts or anything, mind you, but because it's a new era, a new season in my life.  And, I want to take advantage of the time I now have, and live it to the fullest.  Life, and that more abundantly.

Today is Monday, and it was a fine day for a birthday.  It was still warm outside, and one of the things I decided to do was to hop on over to Goodwill with my 25% off to see what I could find.  My mom came with me, too!

I discovered a set of blue glasses, and decided for $8-9 I would replace the mishmash of glasses in my kitchen cabinet with them.  I also found a pretty, brand-new fall/spring top with beading around the neckline for a few dollars.

While Mom and I stood in line, someone came walking up to me--my "sister" Tressey!!  She had been at my house to wish me a happy birthday in person, and the guys told her where I was.  We chatted in the store, through the checkout line, then out into the parking lot before hugs were exchanged and Mom and I went home.  When I walked into the kitchen, I saw what Tressey had dropped off:


After dinner, we had CAKE, the second cake Becki made for me.  We brought it home on her well-used jelly roll pan, but that cake is ure pretty!


I asked my guys, and my parents, to sing to me, and they did.



Danny sang quite elaborately, too!

What a fun birthday!  Here are the glasses I bought...


And the top...


I am blessed.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)