The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

End of May in my garden

Here is a macro tour of my back yard garden, from today's wanderings.


Above and below, my Medinette basil seems to be thriving.  I snipped off the about-to-flower tops so the plant can bush out and grow larger.  There doesn't seem to be an issue with basil downy mildew, which my regular variety basil plants had last year.  From what I read, the mildew can remain in the soil for several years, so I'm anxious to see how this variety fares in my garden.  Ohhh, I can't wait for fresh basil, for pesto, for...!



I found some bright orange mushrooms growing in the mulch.



I have two new sage plants; hopefully they'll last a few years!


The tomato plants have lots of blossoms, and I'm looking forward to trying a new heirloom variety--black brandywine.


Amazing amounts of strawberries beginning to grow!


And, I picked a few ripe ones, too!  My very first, very small, harvest.




Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)