The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Flood -- The Rain Came Down

I suspect I felt a bit like Noah last week, the day it rained and rained, and the waters rose, even here in the Prairie State where it's nice and flat.  Actually, I don't think I felt like Noah; I'm guessing I felt like the people left behind, realizing only too late that the warnings were true, and they literally missed the boat.

It rained from Wednesday evening throughout the night and into Thursday.  We awoke to a phone call very early Thursday, and ended up helping friends clear out their basement.  We made two trips to our friends' house, and both were rather scary.  I was able to snap some smartphone pictures along the way, and at our friends' house.  Here they are, and if you think the Flood in Noah's time couldn't have happened, keep in mind this was only a day's worth of rain.

The view from our friends' deck.

Their front yard.

Driving home--passing a footbridge at the golf course.

Along the road home--that's coming from a retention pond!


Crossing the bridge by our house; this was impassable 30 minutes later.

Back at our friends' home; the water had crested and was rising no more--alleluia!!


In the six hundredth year of Noah's life,
in the second month,
on the seventeenth day of the month,
on the same day
all the fountains of the great deep burst open,
and the floodgates of the sky were opened.
Genesis 7:11 NASB


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

4 comments:

  1. I heard there were bad floods out there. Glad you are all ok. That is some pretty high water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JoAnn. Praise the Lord our own home was fine; it has never flooded in our particular neighborhood. I guess we're on higher ground!

      Delete
  2. I like how these pics are action shots. They convey the sense of urgency we had to respond to this extreme rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks, Craver! The shots were all taken while Fernando was driving; it was just unbelievable--no matter where I looked out from the car, water was everywhere. Glad you guys survived the rain, too!

      Delete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)