The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Dear Danny

Dear Danny,

Today is your 20th birthday.  But you know that, of course.  And last week the Lord gave you a beautiful birthday present.


You have to make some very adult choices now.  I know you've already responded to the wonderful invitation, and you are committed to attending this university for the next two years.  I also know you're committed to working hard to get your bachelor's degree.  Biochemistry?  It's beyond me.  But I know you can do it.


When you were a little boy, you gave me such worry!  Running away from home, climbing the fence, smashing eggs on the kitchen floor...  You got into everything, and I had to keep a constant, vigilant eye on you!



But, boy oh boy, have you grown into a marvelous young man!  Steadfast in faith, diligent in your work, growing in character.  I am immensely grateful to the Lord for all He has done in your life.



Did I mention goofy?  You're also that.  :)




As you look to your future, and the long road you must travel to get there, I pray that you will continue to look to the Lord for guidance and wisdom.  He will surely make your path straight before you.



Happy birthday, Danny.  I love you.

Go get 'em!


With all my love in Christ,
Mom

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

1 comment:

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)