The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tea Talk -- Many, But One


Welcome to my home!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.


I'm having...iced tea on this hot summer day.  Picture in your mind a navy blue glass goblet, cold to the touch, filled with cold refreshing tea and ice.  Aaahhh.  :)  (I'll have to take a picture to share with you all next week!)

My black tea and Hawaiian honey

I'm feeling...pretty good.

On my mind...four things--filing second-quarter sales taxes for my business, scheduling a photo shoot for a client's senior pictures, making more thank-you cards so Danny can finish writing the rest of his notes, and planning the food for this Sunday's get-together.  Most of our church is going camping next Sunday-Thursday, so we invited those who aren't camping over for an afternoon/evening of fellowship.  It's going to be fun!

I leave you with...several Scriptures as I ponder the subject of unity in the Spirit.  There have been many conversations floating around lately among our young men and their Christian friends, and many of those conversations have been passionate.  We are trying to teach our sons that there may be differences of opinion, and those differences need to be respected.  (We're not talking about basic tenets of our faith, but extraneous topics to the Word of God.)  These young men are all so intelligent, and they possess a lot of knowledge and many passionate opinions; however, they have experienced only a little of life, and are still in the early stages of gaining wisdom.  They, like all of us, must learn to keep peace between brothers, and to engage in interaction without causing arguments or division.  I am thankful that all of these young men are passionate about the Lord!

For the body is not one member, but many.
But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired.
But now there are many members, but one body.
1 Corinthians 12:14, 18, 20 NASB

If I...know all mysteries and all knowledge...but do not have love, I am nothing.
Love...is not arrogant...does not seek its own...
1 Corinthians 13:2, 4, 5 NASB

...with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love,
being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Ephesians 4:2-3 NASB

Astilbe "bridal veil"



Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the beautiful thoughts about respect and unity in the body, Christine. It is oftentimes easier to give our opinion than to accept(or at least hear) other's.

    I'm glad to hear that you are feeling pretty good.

    What lovely flowers you have there!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those verses especially the first one. Simple words that are not so easy to follow...it's not easy for anyone to merge...especially ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)