The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, April 8, 2011

Word of the Day: Homelife-ing

A Post About Home Life.

Not about homeschooling, per se.  But home life.  Ooh, that would be interesting--do you homeschool?  "No, we homelife."  Life is what happens in our home.  School happens, too, but it's part of life, and the heart of our life is in the home.  So we homelife.  :)  Sorry--that topic would be a completely different post.


For the past several years, we have been spending Tuesdays going bowling together.  We started one week with the T. family, and continued bowling with them for a while.  Then they moved away, and Grandpa and Grandma joined us each week.  Bowling is usually followed by a shared meal, either here at home or at the grandparents' home.

Not bad for a 79-year-old!

Most of my bowling consists of rolling the ball down the lane in hopes of hitting some pins.  My parents, however, are a little more serious.  They actually met in a bowling league, when one of them subbed into the other's league temporarily.  The rest, as they say, is history.  Our family is happy that we brought bowling back into the lives of the grandparents.  :)

Grandma

Homelife-ing is so wonderfully flexible; we can bowl whenever we like!  We choose to go early in the afternoon, when the lanes are usually empty.  It's so much more relaxing that way.


Our young men are so interesting--each one has a unique bowling style.  And that makes perfect sense, because the Lord created each of them uniquely, with his own personality, his own strengths, his own style.  Through homelife-ing, Fernando and I have been teaching God's truths to our sons in the ways they learn best.  We want His Word to "stick" to each son as they grow up and conquer the world for Christ.


The analogy has been aptly made that we are fashioning arrows so that when we eventually "shoot them out of the nest," they would shoot straight and far.  Or, if I may take the liberty of applying our "bowling" theme to this Biblical concept, we want the ball to roll straight down the lane to knock all of the pins down.  That is what we have been working at these many years.

So I guess you can say that this post really is about homelife-ing.

Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photo gallery website

3 comments:

  1. Homelife-ing... I love that. We were homelifers and oh what a blessing it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN post! I always love your analogies...this one is GREAT. Hi there sweet friend. (((HUGS)))) I got to pop in and use my MIL's computer. I hope to be back mid week this week in bloggyland. I sure miss you all.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super-fun post, C! We sure enjoyed seeing you last night :-D

    Love and {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)