The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Afternoon at the Pond

On the way home from church this afternoon, I glanced at the thermometer in the rear-view mirror.  71!!??!!  With the breeze, it didn't feel like it.  But if it said 71, then goodness, we were going to be outdoors this afternoon.  Danny suggested a bike ride, and Fernando agreed.

The three of us left the others at home and pedaled off around town.  We ended up at a pond behind a friend's house (since our friends weren't home).


I am proud to say I carried my own camera pack on my back (I had removed a few lenses and the flash to make the pack lighter).  It was so nice to relax and feel the breeze, with its barest kiss of warmth and the promise of spring.

My Bear on the bench

I had fun snapping photos and relaxing with my Bear, while Danny waited patiently until we were ready to go.  He really wanted to just ride, ride, ride!

Mallard in the water

Cormorants taking off

Checking to see if we had any bread

Canada geese buzzing the pond

Rocks on the shoreline

Mama spent the whole time preening!

So long, seagull!

Now I know spring is on the way!  It's supposed to be colder again this week, but it's coming!  I'm hanging on!!

Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photo gallery website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)