The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tea Talk -- A Good Name


Welcome to my home!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.


I'm having...a cup of Irish breakfast tea from Trader Joe's.  This is my standard morning drink, and since my blue/white mug broke, I've been using this regular household mug.  It holds a very nice amount of tea.  I tried having two cups of this tea one morning last week, and I was shaky all day--I never knew caffeine could affect me like that!


I'm feeling...fine, as usual!

On my mind...is our church bulletin, of all things.  Our family has taken over putting it together and getting it printed each week, and this is our first week doing it.  Danny (18) has done most of the work, but we have to make sure everything is on it and is correct, then send it to the elders for final approval before printing it.  We should have gotten it out yesterday, so that'll be the first task we tackle this morning.  The second thing I'm thinking about is building raised bed vegetable gardens with Lori's family and another friend's family.  Though it hasn't warmed up, we need to get the beds built and the dirt into them so the dirt has a chance to settle before we plant.  Yay for homegrown veggies!  And the third thing on my mind is our state homeschool convention.  I have several things to do very soon regarding this June event!  I'm so glad I made a list.  :)

I leave you with...our Bible memory verse that we as a church will be reciting this week during our service.  Proverbs has been a deep, full book to study each week!

A good name is to be more desired than great wealth,
Favor is better than silver and gold.
Proverbs 22:1 NASB

And, since I'd like to memorize in Spanish (it has been a while), here is the version that several church members, who are studying/teaching/learning Spanish, use:

Vale más la buena fama que las muchas riquezas,
y más que oro y plata, la buena reputación.
Proverbios 22:1 NVI

My garlic plants have begun to grow!!

Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photo gallery website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)