The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tea Talk --Trust, Do, Dwell, Cultivate


Welcome to my home!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.


I'm having...a cup of Earl Gray in my garage-sale mug.  After steeping the loose tea in my handy-dandy two-cup tea steeper, I realized that my tea mug holds two cups of tea!  So, when I drink my tea, I really drink my tea!  :)


I'm feeling...a little tired, but a good tired.  I'm concentrating on getting back to a more scheduled lifestyle, mostly for Danny's sake since he'll be graduating from our homeschool this June.  He needs the rigid schedule to stay on track with his studies, so that he accomplishes everything that he needs to complete.  I'm trying to get up earlier in the morning, so that I don't feel like I'm playing "catch-up" the rest of the day.  I used to be a morning person a long time ago...

On my mind...school schedules, college, but more immediate in priority is the ICHE Mother/Daughter Conference this Saturday.  I will be doing snapshot portraits of moms and daughters, plus candid shots of the conference throughout the day.  This will be a new experience for me, since I, along with another photographer, will attempt to take pictures of up to 200 mom+daughter units in less than two hours!  It is a good thing they told the moms that these will be "snapshot" portraits--no time for posing and getting great images.  Plus I need to arrive at the site at 6:30am for set-up--and it is a 40-minute drive.  Early bed time for me Friday night!

I leave you with...the theme verse for Saturday's conference.  My friend Becki, who has helped plan this wonderful event, picked this verse (and really the whole Psalm) as the conference theme.

Trust in the LORD and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
Psalm 37:3 nasb

The ESV translation, which she used, says:  befriend faithfulness.  A side note in that translation--and also in the NASB--says to feed on faithfulness.  What an insightful picture of how we are to live our lives.  This is a precious Psalm of commands, with verse 3 above, and throughout the Psalm:  trust, do, dwell, cultivate, delight, commit, rest, wait, cease.  These are things I can do--and I love the doing.

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
christine anne photography

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Christine. Thank you for sharing this precious thought here @ Tea Talk. I always look forward to seeing what photo you have for us each week, and now I'm finding myself engrossed with the beautiful thought you share each time. Thank you for blessing our hearts. You did well in expounding the beautiful psalm.

    I'm impressed on how you do as a photographer. May I ask what camera you are using?

    Thank you also for your helpful note on health.

    Hope you have a wonderful day. God bless you on your Saturday assignment. Have fun.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly so, an early night for you! I hope you get plenty of rest and have safe travels. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dwell in His Word and cultivate Him completely in You! Precious thoughts...precious moments...thank you Christine :)

    By the way, take it slow...remember your injury.

    Love,

    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to find all you beautiful, blessed women educating your children at home and spreading the word. Just found Ruth's Tea Talk today. Blessings to you and yours.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great verse! Looks like we are both working on school type of schedules :)

    Lovely photograph of your mug. I'm continuing to pray for your back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun doing the portraits. I have two in college. They were homeschooled through ninth grade and then attended a great Catholic highschool. My dh is the master scheduler for outside activities for the 3 oldest kids. All homeschool activities I take care of scheduling. I still have two in homeschooling.

    Wonderful Psalm! Thank you for sharing.

    ps-I'm a morning person. Otherwise, not enough gets done. I collapse at night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive photo shot of your mug/cup. I think you need to find time to relax. Have a good weekend ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)