The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Counting My Blessings #3

Branch Of Wisdom


Join us at Tamara's blog by clicking above!!


I don't like to submit a post without a photo.  It just doesn't seem right to me.  So, when it comes time for me to share my "count my blessings" with Tamara on Tuesday, I find that I don't have a photo that accurately reflects something I'm thankful for.  So I end up not sharing anything.  Please be assured, however, that I count my blessings by thanking the Lord!  Which is the more important thing to do.  But today, I'm happy that I have a photo or two that reflects God's bountiful blessings in my life.

My friend Lori is amazing/wonderful/great/etc.!  She has helped me design my blog headers since I started blogging last autumn.  I restrict her to plain and simple, and that is not her style.  But she gives me ideas and does these incredible (I think) things that make my blog header beautiful, and that make my blog a place I want to stop by to visit my visitors.  :)  So first of all, I'm thankful for Lori.

Lori and I were emailing back and forth yesterday morning about my blog, and I tried calling her twice.  I wanted to communicate over the phone, which sometimes can eliminate any confusion caused by emails flying back and forth.  When there was no answer, I remembered their business phone!  Sure enough, she answered, and within three minutes, we had a plan.  No, not for the blog--the guys and I were to COME OVER so Lori and I could work on the blog together, and then we were to stay for dinner!  A much better plan, in my opinion.

And so second of all, I am thankful for friends, and their warm hospitality on snowy days.  :)


And third of all, I am thankful for godly young men who are friends with our own young men.  The afternoon turned into a game fest, though Jacob worked on some college homework.  They all really did bring their schoolbooks!

playing Settlers of Catan

Fourth of all, I'm thankful for surprise visitors, two of whom joined in the game above.  Lori forgot that another friend was supposed to come over, and she graciously invited her and her two children in for a ladies' afternoon of high school planning and blog header creating.

Fifth of all, I thank the Lord for an afternoon and evening spent in the company of Godly friends (and one silly dog).

Sunny hopes for a treat

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
christine anne photography

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post of thanksgiving! I wanted to encourage you to please share even if you don't have a picture :) A list is just fine...just a word, a memory, anything that is on your heart.

    Secondly, I wanted to let you know that I am one of a very few who journal with my pictures for the 365 Project. Almost everyone JUST posts the picture. I personally want to write and thus I had to challenge myself to photograph the words of my heart, but the Mommytography project is merely sharing a photo a day...that's it :)

    I hope that you reconsider, because your photography is absolutely beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful it is to have such a wonderful friend like Lori so close by....I like your new blog...I like the words especially dear friend!

    Thank you for sharing your blessings...M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, Christine. It's nice to meet you. I look forward to getting know via blogland.

    Blessings!
    Sharity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Christine, you really don't have to have a picture for this. Can you imagine me showing a picture on my post today? LOL.
    I look at Tamara's button and think that is my picture ;)
    It's so wonderful to have caring and Godly friends. I like the simplicity of your blog too, and I like the header.
    LOL, I did fix that pun, for I felt like it wasn't the message I was trying to send. :o)
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful day of fellowship and fun. You take lovely photos, and I completely understand about the photo thing. I prefer to have pictures in each post as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori has been wonderful at making a couple of headers for me lately! Your new blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so wonderful when we can look around us and see our many, many blessings that God has provided! I love your pictures and am so glad you include them. Just a wonderful picture of family and friends. :)

    Thank you for coming by my blog. You are in my prayers and I hope you're feeling good!!

    God bless you - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your pictures and writing, but would enjoy one or the other too if that's what you had to post.

    God gives us wonderful times of fellowship and it is a true blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)