The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, October 28, 2016

Walking the Path

End of October.

A day off afforded me the opportunity to walk in the woods again.  I really don't have words today, so I'll just leave these photos here for you to enjoy.


Sometimes it's just easier to walk and let my mind wander.  Just walk and look around, and see things through the camera lens of my eye, then hold my camera up and capture that scene, that thing I see, the frame and the canvas through my eyes.



Even in death, nature can be beautiful, the browns and grays twisted together against a backdrop of colored spots and leaves.


Leaves--green, yellow, red.  They've served their purpose and have fallen to the ground to become part of something bigger, to change and continue to serve a new purpose.  I wonder what tomorrow will bring for me, as I stare down at the leaves at my feet.


I love to pause before entering the spruce grove, and take in the scene as those magnificent trees welcome me.  I know it'll be quiet inside, a hint of breeze, softly swaying trunks.  I love the silence of the grove.


And I love this tree, out on its own, just standing there bursting with color.


Help me stand, Lord.  Help me walk.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)