The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, October 14, 2016

Congratulations, Thomas!

Thomas,

You did it.  You stuck it out, you persevered.  And you did it with flying colors.  We're so blessed by you!

A few days before your last day, we borrowed the car, then picked you up at the end of your day.  We knew that would be the last time we sat out in the parking lot in the car, waiting for you to finish up inside and come through the door to hop in and ride home with us.


A few days later--which was this morning--I rode with you as you drove back to school for the ceremony.  You looked so purposeful and determined, and I had a hard time believing this would be our last ride in to school.  But it was.


Even though the ceremony was much smaller than Jake's and Dan's, I was just as excited at this step in your life.  And I gotta tell you, I almost cried--just choked up, but I held it.  After all, you're my baby, and this moment in your life was huge.



Look at all those Student of the Course Awards!  And your last course was your tenth award, after the fact (you had taken the final tests just this morning).


You were also a student peer tutor.  What an honor to see you receive this recognition!


You excelled, and you exceeded all expectations.  We're so glad you stayed the course and finished well.



Students, please move your tassels from the passenger side to the driver's side!






Now the hard work begins.  We know the Lord will lead you, as He has throughout these past two years.  I can't believe my baby boy grew up so fast!  I love you, son.

All my love,
Mom


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)