The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Saturday, October 22, 2016

The Next Thing

End of October, 2016.


I'm posting this photo of me, smiling.  It's a numbing thing to do, but I do it anyway.  Fake it 'til you make it, they say.  It's really true.  I put on my makeup, I get dressed, I even ask Thomas to take my picture, smiling.

I look around me and see--my home (probably bigger than 97% of the homes owned by people around the world).  My health (probably in the top 5% of healthy people in the world for my age).  Yes, and my age--doing great for my age.  My family--five amazing guys still running to and fro in my life, still intertwined, making me crazy but making me laugh, too.

I'm blessed.  I have to look around and see.  And I'll tell you something.  This doesn't automatically give me the warm fuzzies.  Does it change my perspective?  Definitely.  I have so much, so I can't complain, and I shouldn't despair.  Do I feel better inside?  No.  I just let God know I'm thankful for what I have, and move on to the next thing.  Which on this particular day, is work.  So that's what I do.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)