The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Say Goodbye to the...

End of June.

We actually had an evening where we all sat down to eat a meal together!


That was an aside.  On to the real goodbye...


One last time, I climbed the stairs to the deck of our now completely destroyed pool, and looked down on what once was a sparkling blue sphere.  This was right before they guys took down the stairs to the deck, and it would be the last time I could stand at that vantage point.


If you've seen any "overview" garden photos of mine, you know that they're always taken from up there on that pool deck.  So, these last two photos are the last two I'll ever take like this.


I'm sure the neighbors will shake their heads when they see me lugging a ladder out to the back yard every few weeks so I can get a great shot of my raised beds.  *sigh*


Then, one last photo of our demolished pool, here below.  The memories of summer fun, cooling off, floating around with Fernando, having friends and family over for a dip, hosting big parties with the laughter of swimming dads holding on to their little ones--and having to take turns because there were so many wanting to swim--all the wonderful memories I have!


And this--this below--would be the last time I hang my cold-water washing out to dry on the pool railing.  Is that kind of like when you hang your clothes on your treadmill?  Maybe, sort of.





Maybe one day in the future we'll have a smaller one, but for now, it's goodbye pool; you served us well these past 13 or so years!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)