The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Sunday, July 17, 2016

In My Garden -- Early June 2016

Early June.

I'm playing "catch up" with my blog this week...  Since I've been working four days a week, my off-days are usually spent "recuperating" and rejuvenating--and doing my own laundry, cooking for the guys, running errands...  You see why my blog has been on the back burner?

I sweet-talked Fernando and Joseph into picking strawberries on this early June morning, which I believe was a homeschool convention day (meaning I had to be at the convention working all day).  They picked a nice amount to add to the strawberries I had already picked, so that meant we'd have not only strawberry preserves (which, to this day, I haven't made yet!!), we'd get to have a nice Strawberry Shortcake Night soon.


On another early June day, I confronted my two sage plants, which had flowered and gotten huge since last year.  I cut off all the flowers parts close to the base, and used the leaves to make fried sage--I simply chopped them up and fried them in a little butter, then used them as topping for everything from my ham chili to soup to salad.  Yum!


Pruned back and ready to grow nicely again.

I also weeded the pathway near the carrot/sage/garlic/tomato bed.


Also in early June, I tackled the front flower garden.  This oregano bush--it's not really a plant any more, I don't think--has taken over the front part of the garden and I'd really rather just dig it out.  For now, I trimmed it way back.



I also had Danny do a bunch of weeding for me.  Guys are so handy!

A second "companion" oregano plant.

Variegated beard tongue blooming pink.

I also picked my French sorrel before it bloomed this year.  I have wanted to make French sorrel soup, which (at this point) I've already made.  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  Amazing-ness!!  I'll share a recipe as I continue to catch up with blogging.


So, remember those strawberries?  Yep, hulled and washed and turned into yumminess.



Strawberry Shortcake Night was fantastic!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)