The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Autumn at the Lake -- First Day

I got to come up again!!  Since my parents came home for three weeks or so in September, they asked me to accompany them back up for their early October close-up-the-cottage trip to my beloved Lake Bonaparte.  Of course I could go!  I'm no longer homeschooling, football games weren't on the radar until the end of the month (photography client--I get to shoot a home game!!), and Fernando was home, trying to drum up business for his company.  He gave me the go-ahead, and so I'm here!!

The lake from our dock, looking left (generally south).

The lake from our dock, looking right (generally north).

So blue, so cold!  And so good to visit during autumn's peak color.  I can't wait to go out searching for colors.

My parents' lake home (lake is to my back).

I braved the cold to huddle on the dock with my coat and a blanket to capture this evening's sunset.  Summer sunsets can be plain and cloudless; there is usually more activity with the change of seasons, and even in winter.  I was hoping for a beautiful one tonight, and the Lord didn't disappoint, painting his sky with blues, whites, and oranges for me.





A good sunset can last 45-60 minutes, and this was a good one.  Fortunately, I prepped my parents so that they knew I may come in late to dinner if sunset conditions were optimal!  They understood, and let me do my thing--my dock date, as I call it.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)