The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Monday, May 26, 2014

First Spring Day in the Veggie Garden!

April 12.

Finally--just warm enough to work a little in my veggie garden!   Of course, I put the guys to work and I took pictures.  Hey, I worked, too, so don't bug me.  ;)

The overview of my back yard garden:


The straw was covering my strawberry patch, and it had to be removed.  I just hoped that it wouldn't totally freeze again and kill the plants!


The length-wise bed.

My helpers for the day were Danny and Joseph.  They did a great job while I snapped pictures.




Below, you can see Danny removing the staples which held down the plastic netting over the straw.  We put it on so the straw wouldn't blow all over the place.




While they worked, I wandered around to see if there was any life in my garden beds.  There sure was!

Spring garlic popping up.


And the rhubarb was showing (above and below)!!


At last, I finally felt like spring would be coming after all.  Everyone was weary of our extended winter, and it was such a breath of hope to see green things growing in my garden!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)