The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Cold Weather Grilling

Being an obsessive sort, I am completely determined to catch y'all up--yes, all two of you--on our lives!  Here is my next installment...

April 5.

Still amidst the winter thaw, I was desperate for some warmer weather.  On the first day we could remotely say that it warmed up, I sweet-talked Fernando into grilling dinner.  Woo-hoo!


Fernando is my Grillmaster.  The family and I bought this grill for him for Christmas, and I don't even know how to turn the thing on.  It's his baby.  See how the shelf there is crooked?  This grill took a fly-and-spill during a severe thunderstorm.


Here's where the grill ended up; I saw it lifted completely off the ground and thrown down onto the patio.  That's when we all hollered to head for the basement.  Here is is, summer of 2011:


Anyway, despite being banged up and thrown around, the grill still works.  Here's what my Grill-Man grilled:



Super yum!!

A few days later, on April 8, I spent a chilly few minutes outdoors to try capturing the opposition of Mars (earth was exactly in the middle lined up with Mars on one side and the sun on the other).  It was a no-go for pictures (no remote shutter release plus the "stars weren't aligned" in my back yard), but I did manage to capture this one.  The moon is the bright one.


The warm (haha) weather was not to last, so that was the end of that for a while.  :)


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)