The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Honey Cinnamon Butter


Yum.  Just yum.  That's all I have to say about this delicious butter.  I modified this from the original recipe and it is amazing.  A sweet young lady friend (one of my borrowed daughters) paired this with Irish soda bread, and that was a perfect combination.  I took it a step further and toasted some slices of the soda bread, and that was even more amazing.

Honey-cinnamon butter on toasted Irish soda bread.

The only downside of this recipe is that you'll have the urge to slather it on.  As in, Have a little bread with your honey-cinnamon butter!  Yeah, that happens.  Just look at this, below.  I actually ate this.  And I may have added some more butter as I was eating it.


Honey-Cinnamon Butter
Makes a little over a cup.

2 sticks butter, brought to room temperature
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons cinnamon (or 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon pie spice!)

Using your mixer of choice--I use a hand-held mixer since this is a small batch and easily whippable--whip all ingredients together until fluffy.  Spread on bread or tortillas.  Make sure you lick the beaters.  Yeah, it's butter, but oh well.  Waste not, want not!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)