The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Hello, Goodbye, Hello!

Change.  No one likes it, least of all me.  And, the older I get, the less I like it.  But I'm here, and things are changing, and I have to walk the road.  However, as a popular Christian song lyric says, There's not a place where I'll go where You've not already stood.  For now, on to last week's story.

Within three days I got a job; it was a whirlwind thing, almost a whim, when I filled out the application, and then I found out my sister-at-heart had sung my praises to the store manager, and 24 hours later I was interviewed and hired.  It's part-time, but for these first few weeks until the store's grand opening (Friday the 13th!), I find myself a full-time employee.  Exhaustion doesn't describe it, but since I'm blogging tonight about it, you know His strength is in me!

During the same time, I found another truck in my driveway...Arctek Cyan.

Hello, Cyan!

The current driver B. drove it right to our home so Fernando could work on an amplifier that was having some issues.  It was a straightforward fix, and for a day or so we hosted this sister truck in our driveway.


These trucks represent hope to me; they represent God's work in our lives, and personally in my own heart--a simple, quiet message that He is still in control, that although I'm standing on new ground, He isn't.  He walked before me.  He stood before me, in this very spot, at this very moment.  I am not alone.  Because of that, I can trust Him.


Cyan stayed with us just overnight, then B. drove her away.  A few days later, Fernando flew to North Carolina to pick up Purple, then drove her home for another overnight stay--just in time to celebrate Danny's college graduation (post coming shortly!).  Then, Fernando drove Purple home to Minnesota, met up with Cyan and Red, and now...

Red is here, this very minute since Fernando, having driven straight from the Minnesota meet-up, literally just walked through the door.  Now, I haven't met Red yet (it is after 10:00 p.m., after all), but I'm sure Red is a guy.  So, he's out in my driveway, and I'll write more about him in a few days.  They don't look very different, these trucks, except maybe for the types of antenna on top.  But, silly or not, they each give me a little piece of God's heart of compassion and care for me.

For now, I'm focused on trusting in Him, with the strength He gives me.  Though I may not receive the answers when I ask, though I may not see the path I feel I need to see, I will trust Him.

Here's the song that has been a focus to my week so far, and the source of the lyrics I quoted above.  This is my prayer this week.



Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)