The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Random Signs of Spring

Mid-March.

I desperately wanted it to be spring already!  So I grabbed my camera and headed outdoors to see if I could find some signs of the elusive season.  Here's what I discovered.

Rhubarb barely poking its head out of the ground.

Garlic starting to come up.

Dead strawberry plants hang over the edge of the garden bed...

...but other strawberry plants are growing!

Day lilies are a sure sign of spring.


Moss in my porch garden looks otherworldly close up.

Hardy daisies are popping up in the front yard.

I found an autumn leaf stuck in the English thyme.

French sorrel is coming up red!

Little promises of daffodils!

Oregano is also a hardy herb.

Maple trees are budding.

I encountered some very promising signs of spring, which brought on the below:  Fernando grilled burgers for dinner!


Then, of course, a few days later, it snowed.


Such is spring in Chicagoland!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)